Wednesday, April 7, 2010

All aboard for Cable Car Small Batch Lager

I got the chance today to sample a bottle of Cable Car Small Batch Lager Beer for the first ever and was surprised by its quality.
Brewed and bottled by the Cable Car Brewing Company in Rochester, N.Y., the beer makes the following claims.
“Harkening back to old world brewing styles, Cable Car handcrafts each and every small batch. This Lager is full of body and flavors made with artesian water and natural carbonation styled to deliver a soft, enjoyable taste. Enjoy the ride.”
In my opinion, this beer lives up to its claims. It has a very mellow taste, with only the slightest hint of bitterness characteristic of most beers.
This beer also comes in a cool and unusual bottle. Around the top of the bottle is a sticker that resembles a throw-back, turn-of-the-century cable car ticket. The label is a light green and features a distinctive, red cable car. The bottle also comes with a twist-off cap, which I like. (No special gear, i.e., a bottle opener, needed.)
In the end, I give this beer a grade of B. It tasted good, and I’d be willing to try it again. (Starting tonight, I’m getting away from my 1 to 10 scale.)

No comments:

Post a Comment