Sunday, July 18, 2010

Entertainment Weekly’s '20 Scariest Movies of All Time'

Over the past few months, I’ve written quite a bit about the Saturn Award winners for Best Horror Film. During that time, I’ve been trying to watch all of the winners, in order, and I’m about half way through.
A few days ago, someone shot me an e-mail that tipped me off to another cool “recommended viewing list” of horror movies: Entertainment Weekly’s “20 Scariest Movies of All Time.”
Here they are, in no particular order:
1. Carrie
2. A Nightmare on Elm Street
3. An American Werewolf in London
4. Evil Dead
5. Halloween
6. Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
7. Jaws
8. Lost Highway
9. Night of the Living Dead
10. Poltergeist
11. Psycho
12. Rosemary’s Baby
13. Seven
14. Silence of the Lambs
15. The Exorcist
16. The Hitcher
17. The Omen
18. The Shining
19. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
20. The Thing
In the end, I’d be interested to know how many of these you’ve seen. What did you think about them and which would you recommend? Let us know in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment