Thursday, November 17, 2011

Six Alabama UFO reports filed with MUFON during month of October

It’s the third week of the month, so this week I’m giving you an update on UFO reports in Alabama from the past month, courtesy of the Mutual UFO Network.

A search for UFO reports in Alabama between Oct. 1 and Oct. 31 on MUFON’s website, www.mufon.com, resulted in six reports from within our state.

The first UFO incident occurred on Oct. 6, and the witness said that they were sitting on a condo balcony overlooking the Gulf of Mexico when it occurred. The UFO reportedly “flew over the top of the building and proceeded in an arc into the gulf,” the witness said.

The next incident occurred on Oct. 16 between 7:14 p.m. and 7:20 p.m. at Mays Bend, near Pell City.

“It looked like Jupiter, but five times bigger,” the witness said. “I would have thought it was a satellite, but this thing was huge and flew a straight-line path. I saw it cross the whole sky. It was moving very slow.”

The witness noted that he had time to run inside to get his wife, so that she could see it too.

“This thing was very bright and very big with no sound whatsoever. I know others had to see this thing. At 7:20 p.m., it was out of sight, way too big and way too slow to be a satellite, plus it looked like it was flying lower than the planes I saw in the air. I have reported stuff before, but this was by far the strangest thing I have seen yet.”

That same night, another man reported that he was “looking at stars when what looked like different flashing lights, like a camera flash, passed across this star at a very high rate of speed, then slowed down really fast then resumed its fast pace off into the trees.”

The witness said that he often goes outside at night to smoke because he and his wife don’t like their kids being exposed to smoke and that he often looks at the sky while smoking.

“I know what planes are and what the space station looks like when they pass,” he said. “This was different. This object came out of nowhere and passed across this fairly good-sized star and covered it. The lights are what made this object different. They flashed different colors, not like planes do, and I mean flashed. It had many colors.”

The man described it as an amazing sight to see.

“It didn’t last long, but it was beautiful to watch, and by the time I asked my wife to come and look, it was gone,” he said.

The fourth incident occurred on Oct. 21, and the witness described seeing a “flare-like” UFO.

“I saw a light in the sky,” he said. “It was dropping lights out of it. The lights had a long, sparkling trail behind them. I saw four or five of the dropping lights. I don’t know if this was a flare or not, but I have never seen anything like this before and definitely not over a populated area.”

The next reported incident occurred on Oct. 28 between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. about two miles south of Interstate Highway 10.

The witness was “turning onto my street, facing south” when he saw five balls of white light, grouped closely, almost touching and hovering with “welding sparks falling off.”

The group of lights were “slanted from left to right,” with the right side being higher than the left.

“They looked hot,” he said. “And not like a round light, but more of a fire ball. There seemed to be white hot welding sparks dropping from the bottom of the lights on the left side.”

The witness stayed in his vehicle and kept driving until he couldn’t see the object.

“The sighting lasted 20 seconds,” he said. “I have been around aircraft all of my life and in the military. This was not a civilian aircraft and like nothing I’ve seen in the military. I now look in the sky before I go outside at night, every time.”

The last reported sighting took place on Oct. 29, and the witness said he was out jogging at around 6 a.m. when he saw “a triangle-shaped object, about the size of a small house, shooting across the sky.”

The witness stopped jogging to watch the unusual object.

“The object was traveling at a very high rate of speed across the sky,” the witness said. “There was no stream behind the object. The triangle object looked as if it had blinking lights. What surprised me was the quickness it covered the entire sky. There were no clouds and visibility was awesome. The object was very high in the sky. I knew then that we are being visited and no human-made object could travel through the sky at the rate of speed that I witnessed.”

In the end, I’d be very interested to hear from any readers of The Courant who have witnessed a UFO in Conecuh County. I think a lot of other people would be interested in hearing your story too, and I’d be willing to accept your report on an anonymous basis if you’d be more comfortable with that arrangement. You can contact me by e-mail at courantsports@earthlink.net or by phone at 578-1492.

No comments:

Post a Comment