Thursday, December 26, 2013

Which teams do you think will win this week's slate of college and NFL games?

The college football bowl season is upon us, and here is my slate of predictions for the upcoming week’s match-ups.

Today (Thursday) in the Little Caesars Bowl in Detroit, I look for Bowling Green to beat Pittsburgh. In today’s Poinsettia Bowl, which will be played in San Diego, I expect Northern Illinois to beat Utah State.

Tomorrow (Friday), in the Military Bowl, which will be played in Annapolis, Md., I look for Marshall to beat Maryland. In tomorrow’s Texas Bowl, which will be played in Houston, I expect Minnesota to defeat Syracuse. In tomorrow’s Fight Hunger Bowl at AT&T Park in San Francisco, I look for Washington to beat BYU in what should be the best game of the day.

Four games are set for Saturday. In the Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium in New York, I look for Notre Dame to beat Rutgers. In the Belk Bowl in Charlotte, N.C., I expect North Carolina to beat Cincinnati. In the Russell Athletic Bowl, which will be played in Orlando, Fla., I look for Louisville to beat Miami. In the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, Az., I expect Kansas State to beat Michigan.

Four bowl games are also scheduled for this coming Monday. In the Armed Forces Bowl, which will be played in Fort Worth, Texas, I look for Navy to beat Middle Tennessee State. In the Music City Bowl, which will be played in Nashville, I expect Ole Miss to beat Georgia Tech. In the Alamo Bowl, which will be played in San Antonio, I look for Oregon to beat Texas, and in the Holiday Bowl, which will be played in San Diego, I expect Arizona State to defeat Texas Tech.

Four games are also set for Tuesday. In the Advocare V100 Bowl in Shreveport, La., I look for Arizona to beat Boston College, and in the Sun Bowl in El Paso, Texas, I expect UCLA to beat Virginia Tech. In the Liberty Bowl in Memphis, I look for Mississippi State to beat Rice, and in the Chick Fil-A Bowl at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, I expect Texas A&M to beat Duke.

Six games are scheduled for this coming Wednesday, which will be New Year’s Day. In the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville, Fla., I look for Georgia to defeat Nebraska, and in the Heart of Dallas Bowl in Dallas, I expect North Texas to beat UNLV. In the Capital One Bowl, which will be played in Orlando, I look for Wisconsin to defeat South Carolina, and in the Outback Bowl in Tampa, Fla., I expect LSU to beat Iowa. In the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif., I look for Stanford to beat Michigan State, and in the Fiesta Bowl in Glendale, Az., I expect Baylor to defeat Central Florida.

In the only game set for next Thursday, I look for Alabama to emasculate Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl at the Superdome in New Orleans.

After next Thursday, there will be only five bowl games left on the schedule, and I’ll make my predictions for those games in next week’s paper.

----- 0 -----

The NFL regular season schedule is nearing an end, and Week 17, the final week of the regular season, will officially kick off on Sunday. Sixteen games are set for Sunday and since it’s the final week, there won’t be any Monday night or Thursday night games.

On Sunday, I like Carolina over Atlanta, Green Bay over Chicago, Tennessee over Houston, Pittsburgh over Cleveland, the New York Giants over Washington, Cincinnati over Baltimore, Indianapolis over Jacksonville, Philadelphia over Dallas, Miami over the New York Jets, Minnesota over Detroit, New England over Buffalo, New Orleans over Tampa Bay, Denver over Oakland, San Francisco over Arizona, San Diego over Kansas City and Seattle over St. Louis.


Last week: 10-6. So far this season: 161-79.

No comments:

Post a Comment