Thursday, December 25, 2014

Which teams do you think will win this week's slate of bowl games?

The college football bowl season continues this week with 17 games scheduled between today (Thursday) and next Thursday, Jan. 1. For what they’re worth, here are my predictions for those games.

Tomorrow (Friday), I look for Louisiana Tech to beat Illinois in the Heart of Dallas Bowl in Dallas. That game will begin at noon on ESPN. Later that day, I look for North Carolina to down Rutgers in the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit. That one will start at 3:30 p.m. on ESPN.

In the final game of the day, I expect Central Florida to outgun North Carolina State in the St. Petersburg Bowl in Florida. That game will begin at 7 p.m. on ESPN.

Five games are scheduled for Saturday, beginning with Virginia Tech and Cincinnati in the Military Bowl. I look for Cincinnati to win that one, which will start at noon on ESPN. In the Sun Bowl in El Paso, Texas, I look for Arizona State to beat Duke. That one will get going at 1 p.m. on CBS.

I expect Miami to down South Carolina in the Independence Bowl in Shreveport, La. That game is scheduled to start at 2:30 p.m. on ESPN2. I predict Boston College will beat Penn State in the Pinstripe Bowl in the Bronx, N.Y. That game will begin at 3:30 p.m. on ESPN.

The last game of the day will feature USC and Nebraska in the Holiday Bowl in San Diego. I look for USC to win that game, which will start at 7 p.m. on ESPN.

Three games are on tap for Monday with the first game featuring West Virginia and Texas A&M in the Liberty Bowl in Memphis, Tenn. I think West Virginia will win that game, which will begin at 1:15 p.m. on ESPN.

In the Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando, Fla., I look for Oklahoma to beat Clemson. That game will kick off at 4:30 p.m. on ESPN. I expect Arkansas to down Texas in the Texas Bowl in Houston. That game will start at 8 p.m.

Three games are also scheduled for this coming Tuesday, beginning with LSU and Notre Dame in the Music City Bowl. I predict LSU will win that game, which will start at 2 p.m. on ESPN.

I look for Georgia to down Louisville in the Belk Bowl in Charlotte, N.C. That game will begin at 5:30 p.m. on ESPN. In the Foster Farms Bowl in Santa Clara, Calif., I expect Stanford to beat Maryland. That game will start at 9 p.m. on ESPN.

Rounding out the week, three games are scheduled to be played on Wed., Dec. 31. I predict that TCU will down Ole Miss in the Peach Bowl in Atlanta. That game will start at 11:30 a.m. on ESPN.

I look for Arizona to upend Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl in Glendale, Arizona. That game will begin at 3 p.m. on ESPN. In the final game of the day, I expect Mississippi State will beat Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl in Miami Gardens, Fla. That game will start at 7 p.m. on ESPN.

No comments:

Post a Comment